Follow Us

Ottawa East: 613-741-4430
Stittsville: 613-836-6880
Brockville: 613-341-9343
Richmond: 613-838-5959
Winchester: 613-774-3538

History

The main scope of our business at Ritchie Feed & Seed Inc., as our name implies, has always been to serve as a supplier to the agricultural industry in the Ottawa Valley area. Founded by John Ritchie in 1927, the original store and mill were located on York Street, in the heart of downtown Ottawa, in the Byward market.

Our flagship location was acquired in 1960 and is located at 1390 Windmill Lane in the east end of Ottawa. This location has provided us the essentials for successful retailing, good visibility and easy access. In the following twenty years, this location grew to be one of the largest independent lawn and garden retail businesses in Eastern Ontario. In response to increased demand and interest, we expanded in 1982 by opening a retail garden centre outlet in Stittsville, just west of Ottawa. Additionally, in 1992 C&L Feeds was acquired consisting of two agricultural retail stores located in Dixon Corners and Winchester. Our product lines were expanded at those outlets to include lawn and garden products.

To better serve our growing customer base and continue to provide outstanding customer service, expansion was needed.  In 2004 the Stittsville location relocated to Carp Road, west of Ottawa. In 2006, a new sophisticated mill operation was established at the NCC Mill, located on Woodroffe Avenue. An additional retail agricultural/garden centre was purchased in 2008 located in Brockville, and most recently in 2015 the acquisition of a growing facility/retail garden centre which includes an agriculture supply store on Eagleson Rd., in Richmond, Ontario.

Font Resize
Contrast