Ritchie’s Is a distributer for both Permacon and Techo-Bloc products
Find a Contractor: Selection for Interlock Design& Build
The following list of reputable contractors purchase through Ritchie Feed & Seed Inc. These contractors have not been pre-qualified by Ritchie’s. It is important that you do some research of your own. Here are a few helpful tips on selecting the right contractor for your project design/build:
– Be sure to ask for at least three references and qualify the references.
– Ask to see examples of their work, making sure that the contractor has sufficient experience performing the scope and type of work you want.
– Not every contractor is going to have a retail-style place of business; many work out of an office in their home. This doesn’t make them any less qualified or skilled. More important are their credentials, credit references, years in business, and insurance status.
– Ask to see their liability coverage and workmen’s compensation insurance certificates.
– Comparison shop: get at least two but preferably three estimates from different contractors.
– Get a thorough proposal in writing. Be sure to include a complete description of the work to be performed, specific products to be used, warranty length and coverage, payment terms, and any other pertinent issues.
– Do not allow the use of “substitute materials”, and be wary of any written stipulations or clauses that permit their use.
– Especially important for larger jobs: have the contractor put in writing the stipulation that all code requirements will be met, and denote who will be responsible for obtaining the necessary permits and locates.
– If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be suspicious of bids that are unrealistically low, and don’t jump on a “bargain basement” price for materials either (they may be seconds or not the correct product for the application).
– You get what you pay for. The use of lesser-quality materials, no matter how insignificant it may seem, will only come back to haunt you in the end. Do not cut corners to save a buck; you will regret it.
– Never, ever, ever pay in full for work until it has been completed to your satisfaction.
In the end, it is up to you to decide whether a contractor is suitable for your particular job. Ritchie Feed & Seed Inc. cannot assume any responsibility for any problems you may encounter with a contractor you choose. The following contractors are listed by Interlock purchasing power. Visit their websites to see the scope of their work. Tell them Ritchies linked you to their site.
- For pedestrian use only
- Save 5 in. (13 cm.) of extra excavation
- Save 5 in. (13 cm.) of compacted crushed stone
- Save cost of truck and driver on the road
- Avoid costly dumping fees
- Save wear and tear on machinery
- Save labor costs
- Reduce overall installation time
- Increase profit