Celeriac Giant Prague Seeds
OSC 1460Regular price $2.19
Shipping calculated at checkout.
The Celeriac root is big, round and solid and will never win a prize in a beauty contest! Generally harvested any time the roots reach a diameter of 5-10 cm (2-4"). Celeriac roots have superior flavour and make the best keepers.
HOW TO GROW
- 1750 seeds/gram
- Start seed indoors 10- 12 weeks before the last frost date.
- Germination in 3 weeks at 21- 24 C (70-75 F).
- Grow seedlings at 16C (60F).
- Transplant mid-May to mid-June.
- A fertile, well-drained soil with a pH of 6.5 to 7.0 is best.
- Set plants 15-20 cm (6-8") apart in rows 90 cm (36") apart.
- Life Cycle: Perennial
- Propagation: Sow Direct
- Days to Emergence: 21
- Light: Full Sun
- Growth Habit: Sturdy
- Height: Medium Tall (30 to 70 cm)
- Frost Tolerance: Frost Tender
- Days to Harvest: 110
- Degree of Difficulty: Easy
- Heritage: Heirloom