GATOR SUPERSAND G2
888021Regular price $35.85
SUPERSAND G2 is made with a state-of-the-art manufacturing process. Specifically, calibrated sand is mixed with sophisticated intelligent polymers. This new generation of Intelligent Polymers neutralizes haze and dust. No blower needed and the intelligent polymeric sand requires only one watering. SUPERSAND G2 is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements, etc. Available in Beige and Slate Grey.
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES
- Always refer to the latest SUPERSAND G2 Technical Data Sheet (TDS) at AllianceGator.com before installing SUPERSAND G2.
- Pavers and slabs must be installed according to ICPI Tech Spec #2 traditional base (www.icpi.org) before SUPERSAND G2 installation.
- Pavers’ sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the paver surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause SUPERSAND G2 to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the paver surface.
- Do not apply if the paver joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the SUPERSAND G2 from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the product’s performance.
- Temperature must be above 32°F (0°C) in dry conditions and no rain for at least 15 minutes after water activation.
- For all paver surfaces, and particularly around in-ground pools, there must be a minimum slope of 1/8″ (3 mm) per linear foot (30 cm) away from the edge of the pool or structures to ensure optimal performance of the SUPERSAND G2.
- For the pool coping units, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the paver installation around the pool, you can use SUPERSAND G2.
- Do not sweep SUPERSAND G2 over asphalt.
- SUPERSAND G2 level, must be at least 1/8″ (3 mm) below top of paver’s surface or 1/8″ (3 mm) below the chamfer or erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tire.
- For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compactor.
All pavers must be completely interlocked for vehicular and pedestrian use. If pavers are fanned they are not considered interlocked. SUPERSAND G2 can be applied when pavers are installed directly on open graded aggregates that lock or choke themselves. This means the polymeric sand will not migrate through the voids. Do not apply SUPERSAND G2 when the pavers are installed directly on aggregates with large voids.