Gator Dust Bond 50lbs.
888140Regular price $43.30
GATOR DUST BOND is a unique mixture of polymer binders and calibrated stone available in Sahara Beige and Stone Grey. Once GATOR DUST BOND sets, it becomes very firm and locks between the wet cast or natural stone joints while still retaining flexibility and providing a long lasting, durable jointing material. GATOR DUST BOND is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, and any other pedestrian applications.
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES
- Always refer to the latest GATOR DUST BOND Technical Data Sheet (TDS) at AllianceGator.com before installing GATOR DUST BOND.
- GATOR DUST BOND must be installed above 59°F (15°C).
- GATOR DUST BOND can only be installed if rain is not forecasted in the next 24 hours.
- Wet cast and natural stone sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the wet cast or natural stone surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause GATOR DUST BOND to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the wet cast or natural stone surface.
- Do not apply if the wet cast or natural stone joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the GATOR DUST BOND from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the products performance.
- Minimize or avoid walking on the wet cast or natural stones for 24 hours after the installation of GATOR DUST BOND.
- If GATOR DUST BOND is left lying on the wet cast or natural stone surface for a long duration, moisture can form and will activate the GATOR DUST BOND on the wet cast or natural stone surface, staining may occur.
- Do not use GATOR DUST BOND when wet cast or natural stones are installed over a concrete base. GATOR DUST BOND is designed to function on a traditional base system. A concrete base inhibits drainage, thus the trapped water will negatively impact the product’s performance.
- Waterproof bag: Intact pallets or bag can be laid flat and stored outdoors. (Lay bag flat on its back, so front of the bag is facing you.)
GATOR DUST BOND becomes very firm but will detach from wet cast or natural stones if the crushed stone base has excessive movement. It will also detach from the wet cast or natural stones if the wet cast or natural stones are oscillating back and forth due to improper installation. By following GATOR DUST BOND installation instructions carefully, you will obtain a very hard jointing material. It should be noted that GATOR DUST BOND will continue to harden over time. Avoid excessive watering or flooding of wet cast or natural stone areas. When installing wet cast or natural stones around an underground pool, a slope of 1/8 inch (3 mm) per linear foot away from the pool is mandatory. All wet cast or natural stone surfaces must have a drainage slope for the GATOR DUST BOND to work at its optimum. For the pool coping blocks, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the wet cast or natural stones installation around the pool, you can use GATOR DUST BOND. Do not sweep GATOR DUST BOND over asphalt