Gator Maxx G2 Polymeric Sand 22.7kg
888041Regular price $42.84
FOR JOINTS UP TO 4” (10 CM) IN TRADITIONAL APPLICATIONS
AND 2” (5 CM) IN OVERLAY APPLICATIONS
NO DUST • HAZE FREE • NO BLOWER • ONE WATERING
RAIN SAFE IN 15 MINUTES
GATOR MAXX G2 is made with a state-of-the-art manufacturing process. Specifically, calibrated sand is mixed with sophisticated intelligent polymers. This new generation of Intelligent Polymers neutralizes haze and dust. The polymeric sand application is now dust free, haze free, no blower needed, requiring only one watering and offering a Rapid Set technology of rain safe after 15 minutes. GATOR MAXX G2 is recommended for a variety of uses including pool decks, patios, footpaths, driveways, parking spaces, pavements, etc. Available in Beige, Slate Grey, Ivory and Black Diamond.
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES
- Always refer to the latest GATOR MAXX G2 Technical Data Sheet (TDS) at AllianceGator.com before installing GATOR MAXX G2.
- Pavers and slabs must be installed according to ICPI Tech Spec #2 traditional base (www.icpi.org) before GATOR MAXX G2 installation. For overlay, ICPI recommends 2″ (5 cm) diameter drainage holes spaced approximately 10 ft (3 m) apart and at the lowest elevations in the slab. Holes should be filled with 3/8″ (9mm) stone and covered with a 1 ft x 1 ft (30 cm x 30 cm) patch of Gator Fabric GF4.4. Drilled holes should allow any water entering the bedding layer to freely flow out.
- Pavers’ sides and top surfaces must be completely dry. Do not apply if the paver surface is damp or wet. The damp or wet surface will cause GATOR MAXX G2 to prematurely activate and will lead to the polymers sticking on the paver surface.
- Do not apply if the paver joints are damp or wet. This will prevent the GATOR MAXX G2 from properly sliding into the joints and obtaining very densely packed joints, which is critical to the product’s performance.
- Temperature must be above 32°F (0°C) with dry conditions and a minimum of 15 minutes of dry weather required after activation in traditional application and 24 hours in overlay applications.
- For all paver surfaces, and particularly around in-ground pools, there must be a minimum slope of 1/8″ (3 mm) per linear foot (30 cm) away from the edge of the pool or structures to ensure optimal performance of the GATOR MAXX G2.
- For the pool coping units, it is mandatory to use mortar in the joints. For the rest of the paver installation around the pool, you can use GATOR MAXX G2.
- Do not sweep GATOR MAXX G2 over asphalt.
- GATOR MAXX G2 level, must be at least 1/8″ (3 mm) below top of paver’s surface or 1/8″ (3 mm) below the chamfer or erosion may occur. The filled and cured polymeric sand joints should never be in direct contact with foot traffic or tire.
- For textured or pre-finished surfaces, we recommend to remove all the sand from the paver or slab surface prior to using the plate or roller compactor.
All pavers must be completely interlocked for vehicular and pedestrian use. If pavers are fanned they are not considered interlocked. GATOR MAXX G2 can be applied when pavers are installed directly open graded aggregates that lock or choke themselves. This means the polymeric sand will not migrate through the voids. Do not apply GATOR MAXX G2 when the pavers are installed directly on aggregates with large voids.